Saturday, February 27, 2010

I mean really.

"Another earth quake and a tsunami on its way...what is going on. Anyone else feel like God is trying to tell us something...?"

That was someone's status update on Facebook. I find it kind-of difficult to not find that offensive. What, pray-tell, is god trying to tell us then? "I hate Chileans"? or perhaps "I hate poor people"?, or more accurately "I hate not-white impoverished people!". Now that may not necessarily go for Chile but it most certainly goes for Haiti, and hell while we're at it the tsunami in 2004. Perhaps it was because of the dreaded gays again. We all know how god likes to punish all of us for tolerating gay people by destroying the lives of poor people (see Katrina). You better listen to me (or clean up your act, or pray more, or make more virgin sacrifices), or else the poor, economically vulnerable, generally not-white folks will get it! Mnah, seeeee?

I know that was almost certainly not the person's intent with that kind of a comment, but I mean really. What exactly are you saying when you say something like that?

Maybe god was just saying "Fear me world, for I am a petulant god!"

Hell, lets just chalk it up to bad aim.

1 comment:

  1. mnah, seeeee? classic. well put otherwise i was getting quite a few of those kinds of comments in my feed too.

    ReplyDelete